- the quality or condition of being easy to understand or do.
- the quality or condition of being plain or natural.
- a thing that is plain, natural, or easy to understand.
- Are you SERIOUS, GOD? Plain? Since when have I ever been plain? I am not giving up my divaness. I am keeping my hair or makeup. NOPE - I need a new word, plain is not for me!
- In case, you didn’t pick it up from the definition, simplicity means not complicated. I am the most complicated person I know. It is how I entertain myself. Why make something easy when I can make it hard?
- Straightforward – yep that is me. This means there is some sort of lesson coming about being straightforward.
Since these initial thoughts, my mind has been in overdrive. I am probably the only person in the world who gets a word like SIMPLICITY and tries to complicate it. I have been looking for loopholes. There is no way this is going to be an easy year of lessons. It might be fun for you to read, but I highly doubt it is going to be fun for me to live.
God will take 2016 and Simplicity and he will do with it what he wants. I will go along for the ride kicking and screaming. Last year, I learned how to just BE! Now, I believe I am about to remove everything unnecessary! I have BIG DREAMS AND GOALS that very few people have the privilege of knowing. WHY? They are impossible dreams that God will have to move mountains to make happen. I don't believe they are of my own WANT, but they are really HIS Vision for me. IF i am right, this next year will be as hard as BEING, because I am in a pruning phase, so that I will be ready for the next thing He has planned.
As I embark on this journey, I ask that you pray for me to learn these lessons without too much fight. Pray that I am able to clearly hear God because removing unnecessary is not always easy. I also ask that you remember that while I want and need you to walk with me, this is MY journey, so I will not always be handling this word as you think I should. I thank you in advance for your support, but remember GOD'S GOT THIS! I leave you with some parting words from Victoria Moran of where I believe this year is headed. Lord have Mercy on me during 2016!!
poverty- but how efficiently we can put first things first. When
you're clear about your purpose and your priorities, you can painlessly discard whatever does not support these, whether it's clutter in your cabinet or commitments on your calendar."
~Victoria Moran, American Author